Quantum Matter in Mathematics and Physics
- Juven Wang (Harvard/IAS Princeton)
- Xiao-Gang Wen (MIT)
- Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard)
- Ryan Thorngren (Harvard/Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Yifan Wang (Harvard/Princeton)
- Wei Gu (CMSA)
- Du Pei (CMSA)
Additional points of study and discussion will include:
- Topological gapped phases of matter and quantum anomalies:?Bulk physics of Symmetry-Protected Topological state (SPTs), Symmetry-Enriched Topological Ordered state (SETs), and fractal or fractonic matter, with particular emphasis on higher-symmetries,sub-dimensional or subsystem symmetries, entanglement structures, and their boundary phenomena and dynamical constraints.
- Critical phenomena, gapless phases, and phase transitions:?Emergent or approximate conformal field theories, interactions effects to Fermi surfaces, Weyl semimetal, high-temperature superconductor such as cuprate, and strange metal, or twisted bilayer graphenes.
- Non-perturbative effects in condensed matter and gauge theories:?Applications to fractional quantum Hall states, quantum spin liquids and exotic lattice models, strong/weak interactions and beyond Standard Model physics.
On?December 2-4, 2019?the CMSA will be hosting a?workshop on Quantum Matter?as part of our?program on Quantum Matter in Mathematics and Physics.?
The CMSA will also be hosting a?weekly seminar on Quantum Matter/Quantum Field Theory.?The seminar will take place from 10:30-12:00pm in room G10.
Here is a partial list of the mathematicians and physicists who have indicated that they will attend part or all of this special program as a visitor. A full list of speakers for the Quantum Matters seminar and series on Strongly Correlated Quantum Materials and
High-Temperature Superconductors Series can be found here.
- Zhen Bi, MIT
- Claudio Chamon, BU
- Anushya Chandran, BU
- ?Xie Chen, Caltech Condensed Matter
- Yu-An Chen, Caltech
- Meng Cheng, Yale
- ?Clay Cordova, University of Chicago
- Trithep Devakul, Princeton
- Dan Freed, UT Austin
- Liang Fu, MIT
- ?Robert Gompf, UT Austin
- Andrey Gromov, Brown
- ?Po-Shen Hsin, Caltech
- Daniel Louis Jafferis, Harvard
- Nick G. Jones, University of Bristol
- Eslam Khalaf,?Harvard
- ?Anton Kapustin?, Caltech
- ?Ryohei Kobayashi, University of Tokyo
- ?Zohar Komargodski?, SCGP SUNY
- Liang Kong, Southern University of Science and Technology
- Peter Koroteev, Berkeley
- Patrick Lee, MIT
- Hong Liu, MIT
- Shang Liu,?Harvard
- Julio Parra Martinez, UCLA
- ?Kantaro Ohmori, SCGP SUNY
- Natalie Paquette, Caltech
- ?Erich Poppitz, University of Toronto
- ?Michael Pretko, UC Boulder
- Emil Prodan, Yeshiva
- Subir Sachdev, Harvard
- Dries Sels, Harvard
- ?Shu-Heng Shao, IAS
- Mathias Scheurer, Harvard
- ?Yuya Tanizaki, North Carolina State University
- Ryan Thorngren, CMSA
- Senthil Todadri, MIT
- ?David Tong, University of Cambridge
- ?Chong Wang, Perimeter Institute
- Yifan Wang, CMSA
- Xiao-Gang Wen, MIT?
- Xueda Wen, MIT?
- Xi Yin, Harvard?
- ?Yizhuang You, UCSD
- Yizhi You, Princeton?
- Yunqin Zheng, Princeton?